How Well Are You Using Your Eyes?
Having 20/20 eyesight isn’t necessarily the same as having strong vision. Vision therapy aims to improve key visual skills so you can enjoy better control of your eyes and interpret what they see more effectively.
Our practice offers vision therapy to help children and adults enjoy the full potential of their eyes. Contact us today to find out how vision therapy can help you and your family.
Vision Therapy Explained
What Is Vision Therapy?
Who Can Get Vision Therapy?
What Can Vision Therapy Accomplish?
Vision therapy may help improve:
- Strabismus: An eye condition that causes the eyes to point in different directions.
- Amblyopia: An eye condition often related to uncorrected strabismus, which causes the brain to interpret visual data from one eye at the expense of the other.
- Convergence Insufficiency: An eye condition that occurs when the eyes struggle to coordinate for tasks that require near vision.
- Accommodative Insufficiency: An eye condition that occurs when the eyes struggle to keep their focus during tasks that require near vision.
The Vision Therapy Process
Vision therapy begins at our clinic, and most sessions are under an hour. We provide custom eye exercises for each patient based on their goals and abilities.
Depending on your needs, your sessions could include:
- Electronically-timed targets
- Therapeutic lenses
- Balance boards
- Visual occluders like prisms, eye patches, and filters
Once we teach you how to perform the exercises in your program, you may be able to do some of them at home. Some vision therapy programs also involve light homework.
Revisit Your Relationship with Vision
Vision therapy can help you and your children unlock the full power of your eyes. Please reach out to us to learn more about how our eye doctors can build the custom vision therapy program you need.